At a Whoop! Fitness & Wellbeing class you will feel the benefits to your physical and mental health
Physical benefits – we all know exercise is good for us but did you know that if you enjoy the exercise you will benefit further AND you are more likely to make it part of your routine?
The health benefits are:
- improved condition of your heart and lungs
- increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- increased aerobic fitness
- improved muscle tone and strength
- stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- better coordination, agility and flexibility
- improved balance and spatial awareness
Mental Health benefits – Whoop! is deigned to allow you to sweat out all the negativity AND Whoop! in the joy!
The mental health benefits are:
- improved mental functioning
- improved general and psychological wellbeing
- greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- a release for your mind
Social benefits include –
- better social skills
- the joy of dancing with others
- building relationships
- laughing together and building your confidence
- a safe space with no judgement with similar like minded people
- Seeing people in the safety of the Whoop class outside and getting yourself gently back into social interaction safely.
Being outside also means you also get the benefits of vitamin D and fresh air
Here’s some answers to any doubts or questions you may have
- I’m nervous – Everyone will feel nervous but I will try to ensure everyone feels welcomed and safe.
- I’ve put on weight – Me too, and so what? We’ve survived a pandemic! And we’re still beautiful!
- What if no one talks to me – I will! Try to say hello. And if you’re too shy, smile at someone and they will smile and talk to you.
- What if I’m rubbish – You won’t be! Our dances are all about having fun and being free. There are no wrong moves just a few spontaneous solos.
- What if people look at me? Well I’m the crazy one in bright colours at the front so they’ll be looking at me mostly and I will whoop and make sure they do so you can relax! You are safe in a group!
I cannot wait to see you back at Whoop!